Saturday, May 21, 2016

If I were...Christian (Hint: I am)

The World


If I were a Christian, my understanding of "the world" would be defined as all things not of God/Jesus Christ.  Sinful temptations and "fleshly" - not of the Holy Spirit - desires would comprise this world.  
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” ~ John 18:36


His World


If I were saved by Jesus' death on the cross, I would now belong to a different world: Christ's spiritual one.
You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[a] in you. ~ John 14:17b
My purpose would be to please my Jesus and deny my sinful nature.


My World


Jesus said that, as a child of God, I may be living in the world, but I am not of it.
If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. ~ John 15:19
If I were a Christian, I would face difficulty living in the world.  Not only would I have to fight my sinful nature, but many others would not like me simply because I follow Jesus and stand for His principles.

Why I Am...


I am only in this world for a little while before I die and permanently live in the spiritual world.  My sin nature condemns me to hell, which is just terrible no matter how one envisions it.  I am lonely and empty without Jesus in my life.  He is worth the trials that I go through because I reject the world.  He rescued me not only from eternity in hell, but a life of bitterness and despair.  He is my Best Friend, and I want to tell the world about His amazing love for me and let everyone know that He loves them just as much!


How do you view Christianity?

No comments:

Post a Comment